Posted by Admin on July, 11, 2019
The surface temperature sensor is a device designed for use in circumstances in which low thermal mass or tractability is essential. Some people also use it for skin temperature measurement.
The surface temperature sensor has an open thermistor that has outcomes in an extremely rapid response time. This design lets its comfortable use in air and water. For temperature measurements in tougher environments that need a more hard-wearing probe, the stainless steel temperature sensor is recommended.
1. Temperature range lies in between –25 to 125°C (–13 to 257°F)
2. The maximum temperature that the sensor can tolerate 150°C without getting damaged
3. Typical Resolution:
4. 0.08°C (–25 to 0°C)
5. 0.03°C (0 to 40°C)
6. 0.1°C (40 to 100°C)
7. 0.25°C (100 to 125°C)
8. Temperature sensor with 20 kΩ NTC Thermistor
9. Accuracy: ±0.2°C at 0°C, ±0.5°C at 100°C
What is Temperature and how is it Affected?
Temperature is normally measured in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit. However, to measure temperature accurately a surface temperature sensor should be mounted in direct contact with the surface to be measured.
Using the surface temperature sensor that consists of silicone, heat transfer compound will ensure that temperature transfer is efficient. It is done from the monitored surface to the sensor's heat sink. Hence, it is minimizing the impact of ambient temperature on the measurement. Dirt or other insulators, like paper labels, can be a reason for errors in the surface temperature sensor's reading or cause slower retort times.
Response time for 90% change in reading
• 50 seconds (in still air)
• 20 seconds (in moving air)
Probe magnitudes: Probe length (handle plus body) 15.5 cm
It is suitable to use in air and water only. For temperature measurements in harsher environments, Stainless Steel Temperature Sensor is recommended.
Types of sensors
There are two types of surface temperature sensors:
• Infrared temperature (non-contact) and surface contact
Infrared temperature sensors measure the surface temperature from the surface of an object by sensing the infrared emission given off by the subject.
Surface contact sensors, on the other hand, attach straight to a surface and measure the temperature through physical contact.
The surface temperature sensors are suitable for many applications such as,
1. Pipe temperature monitoring,
2. Solar panel temperature,
3. Water tanks,
4. Control panels,
5. Battery monitoring,
6. Home appliances
7. Heat exchangers
9. Heat sink applications
Representative uses of the surface temperature sensor
Representative uses for the Surface Temperature Sensor comprise the following:
1. Skin temperature measurements
2. Human respiration studies
3. Specific heat experiments
4. Heat transfer experiments
5. Friction and energy studies
Benefits of the surface temperature sensor
• Can be customized to fit your application
• Short lead time
Where to buy?
There are so many Surface Temperature Sensor Suppliers in India. However, you need to contact one with the following features:
• Highly centralized towards delivering optimum quality products
• Manufacture products from supreme quality raw materials in conformance with the international norms & standards
• Possess an experienced team of workers, who check the products from the raw materials to the stage of the final production
This entry was posted on July, 11, 2019 at 11 : 35 am and is filed under Surface Temperature Sensor. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.